Here is some video Maryville vs Alcoa video
Even though Alcoa lost Dustin Lindsey and Brandon Warren. They are a better team this year. Longtime Riverdale coach Gary Rankin took over the head coaching job at Alcoa. Alcoa is more disiplined now. They also have great players like Chris Shiverdecker,Kyrus Lankster,Brian Sommer and Rae Sykes.Alcoa played their guts out. No one in 2A will come close to beating them.
Maryville missed Tank Baker because of suspension. Maryville shot themselves in the foot a lot.
Tyler Maples dominated but had cramps in the 2nd half. Maryville gutted this win out. Maryville has a long ways to go if they want to be a championship team.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/rebelron/varsity08-600x312.jpg[/img]
Here is some video Maryville vs Alcoa video
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/rebelron/varsity08-600x312.jpg[/img]
More video. Click on Maryville/Alcoa link Maryville vs Alcoa
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/rebelron/varsity08-600x312.jpg[/img]
You have a heck of a program their. I hope in the playoffs Maryville can play a game a little closer to our region. I would like see your team in action. Any expectation for state?????
It's like college ball in that part of the state. Some mighty fine programs.
Alcoa will win 2A with no problem. Maryville has a ways to go. Knox Central has been killing everyone so far. They beat Middlesboro KY last week 42-7. I heard it should have been worse. Central beat Farragut 34-7 tonight. I expect Maryville,Central,MOWest,Red Bank and Cleveland to be tough. You can never count out Powell. To be honest though. It will probably be Central or Maryville going to Murfreesboro. Central was the toughest team besides Melrose that Maryville played the last few years. Alcoa is right up there with Central the last few years. Most years Central wears out Alcoa.Alcoa will slip next season. They lose over 25 seniors. Most of them are 4 year starters. Those seniors are a big reason Alcoa has won the last 2 2A state championships. Tyler Maples
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/rebelron/varsity08-600x312.jpg[/img]
The DB scrimmage this year is the only time I've ever seen maryville in live action. Im gonna try to make my way down there for an actual game this year.
You all have a great program down there, and I wish nothing but the best of luck to you all.
I wish the best to Appalachia also. 2 former coworkers played for Appalachia.1 former coworker played for JI Burton and another played for Clintwood. They told me LPD football is a way of life.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/rebelron/varsity08-600x312.jpg[/img]
I heard Maples was the man last night. I'm glad he's going to UT. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
It was good to see Douglas doing his thing there at the end to. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Bookmarks